Saturday, April 16, 2011

Scream 4

Theres something about the combination of Wes Craven and Kevin Williamson that I really like. I had to get out of my house today. I got a haircut and just decided to go watch Scream 4 by myself. I haven't seen a movie in theaters in quite some time. I was looking forward to the latest installment of the franchise that rebuilt the modern horror from the ground up. As a franchise based upon real life and the rules that surround the horror genre, the latest film had to keep up with the times. I really enjoyed this film. I've always said that Wes Craven is the new Hitchcock in terms of suspense. Solid cinematography kept me glued to the screen. Especially the masterful use of utilizing the depth of field as a suspense enhancer. As for the story, damn was there a twist. The obvious choices for who the killer is fly through the window. Its was like watching the first film and hoping one of the main protagonist is actually the killer. for real, that shit through me through a loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment