Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day

Writers Note: Happy Valentine's Day! Anyone reading this blogspot should know that there I express a lot of hatred towards whatsherface. But there was a time when i did (keyword is past tense) care for this person. I did write about what it was like before that. So in the spirit of Valentine's day, I give you the genesis...


More months pass, and we were still friends. When summer came around thats when things started to change. We started hanging out more often and we both decided that it would be cool if we wrote a script together. I remember a night around the time we finished the script. We went to starbucks and we had a conversation that really took us to another step in our friendship. We had both agreed with each other that if one of us started seeing someone, that the other would really feel bad about it. When I dropped her off at her house, we sat in my car for hours. We talked the kind of talk that made it seem like everything outside the car didn't really matter. We listened to music on my ipod. Songs that I've heard a hundred times over. But for some reason they sounded different, somewhat better. All of a sudden had a new meaning to me. As the night progressed we got more comfortable. I found my shoulder occupied by her resting head, her hand wrapped around my arm. I felt a chill, not of cold but of excitement. For that moment in time I felt like everything was ok. We shifted poesitions until I finally wrapped my arm around her. We sat there for what seemed like hours. She left around 2 in the morning, we sat back in our chairs looking at each other. it was an awkward silence, we were probably both thinking "what the fuck just happened?" and then she asked me something that just made so much sense to me, "what if we introduced a plot twist?" damn... i cant believe she just asked that. so many things shot through my mind in the following seconds. and then i knew, without a shadow of a doubt that she wanted me to kiss her. it took me so long to muster up the courage to lean forward and kiss her. i dont know how i did it, but when it was all over we looked each other in the eyes and knew that we stumbled onto something big. In a good wasy of course. For the longest time I thought she would never feel anywhere near the same way that I feel about her. I just proved myself wrong.


cut to: two months later and i hate her fucking guts.

No comments:

Post a Comment