Friday, February 12, 2010

Insomnia

As I'm writing this its 4:03am... Just a usual night for me. I'v had insomnia for maybe as far back as "04. Its just hard for me to fall asleep. At night when I was younger, I'd pretend to be sleeping in my room at night. I thought thats what normal people did. I get microsleep here and there, and i fall asleep in random places sometimes, like in my car, at school on any comfortable couch. One time on the bus (i missed my exit). But after a couple of years have passed, I realized that my insomnia was apart of who I am. I could use it to my advantage. While other people were sleeping I could be doing stuff. Getting productive. I do shit. I read... a lot. And think too much.

One time I went to Denny's at 3am. I wasn't hungry, I just went to see who else is there in the middle of the night. Lately, I've been using my time trying to write and develop scripts. Also I've been getting back into playing music.

No joke though, being the only one awake while the world is sleeping gets weird at times. One time I went to Wal-mart in the middle of the night and I was just walking around. I noticed that I was the only one in the store. All of the workers there that were doing stocking had gone on lunch. The in store music was shut off and I was wandering around trying to find someone. Never in my life did I want to steal so badly.

And then there's the time I went to a party, and everyone was either drunk and passed out or sleeping. Of course I'm the only one awake (and sober) and I'm sitting on the couch with 6 other people sleeping around me. I'm wide awake and my one friend comes downstairs to get some water (for her drunk boyfriend) and somehow I scare the shit out of her cause I'm just sitting there staring at the wall. wait... that does sound creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment